During these uncertain times, we know that you must have a lot of questions. At Courtesy on Wheels, we're trying to answer as many as we can to help keep you informed of your car-buying and -servicing options. We hope you'll find this information about how we're operating during the COVID-19 outbreak useful. If there's anything we can help you with, please don't hesitate to reach out to our used car dealership in Lexington, KY, at your earliest convenience.
Is Courtesy on Wheels Open Right Now?
Yes, Courtesy on Wheels is open right now!
While we remain open to visitors for sales and service, everything will be completed curbside outside of the dealership per state regulations. This provides added convenience and safety for the customer and employees. During these uncertain times, we also want to make sure you don't leave home if you don't have to. That's why we'll come to you with free pick-up and delivery for service, and we’ll deliver a car after purchase.
Can I Buy a Car from Courtesy on Wheels Right Now?
Yes, you can buy a car from Courtesy on Wheels right now.
We have a pre-finance application online and are offering curbside sales at our Lexington car dealer to ensure you have access to the vehicle you need. Plus, we can even deliver the vehicle to your home if you buy a car online, so you never have to step a foot outside.
If you choose to have a car delivered to you, know that all of our vehicles are properly cleaned and sanitized per the guidelines we've received from local authorities. Our staff will be wearing gloves and masks, and they have been trained on the best practices for social distancing to ensure every interaction is safe.
Are Car Dealerships Essential in Kentucky?
Since auto repair shops are essential businesses in Kentucky, Courtesy on Wheels is open and accepting service appointments right now.
Our Lexington service center is fully staffed and ready to tend to all your routine and critical auto repair essentials. Our used car sales center is also open for business.
Is Courtesy on Wheels Open for Service?
Yes, Courtesy on Wheels is open for service. Auto repair shops are essential businesses, so we will continue to remain open unless instructed differently by authorities.
Whether your check engine light is on or you simply want to take care of routine maintenance, you can trust our service center in Lexington, KY, for reliable auto repairs nearby. We can take care of oil changes, brake repairs, battery replacements and more! Plus, we're making it easier than ever to get the quality car repairs you need because we'll come to you. We're currently offering service pick-up and delivery to allow for safe social distancing. If you'd like to schedule a service appointment or learn about the current Courtesy on Wheels hours, just give us a call at (859) 272-8900.
Does Courtesy on Wheels Deliver?
Yes, Courtesy on Wheels is happy to deliver to you.
To protect both our customers and our employees, the entire team at Courtesy on Wheels is practicing safe social distancing. However, we are working and we're ready to tend to all your used car sales and auto service needs. If you're interested in buying a vehicle from us, our team would be happy to bring you the car, truck or SUV you've purchased. We also have used car specials so we can get you behind the wheel as soon as possible.
What Are the New Courtesy on Wheels Sanitation Measures?
Here at Courtesy on Wheels, there's nothing more important to us than the health and safety of our customers and employees. In addition to our regular cleaning schedule, we are taking steps to protect our community, including:
- Increasing the number of times our dealership is cleaned daily.
- Sanitizing high-touch areas frequently, including door handles, chairs, desks and phones.
- Disinfecting our vehicles before and after test-drives, including high-touch areas like door handles, key fobs, steering wheels and gear shifts.
- Ensuring that all our employees are washing their hands frequently and using hand sanitizer in between washings.
- Instructing any employee who does not feel well or is experiencing symptoms to stay home from work, and encouraging customers who do not feel well to reschedule their appointments or speak with us remotely.
- Postponing any business-related travel, including meetings and vendor visits.
How Should I Clean My Car to Prevent Coronavirus?
If you're using your car for errands like grocery store runs or any other purpose, it's important to sanitize it frequently to prevent the spread of coronavirus. Not sure how to disinfect your car? We recommend the following measures:
- Wash your hands; put on disposable gloves (if available) before you begin sanitizing your car.
- Use a mild dish soap or other common household disinfectants to scrub high-touch areas like the dashboard, steering wheel, touchscreens and door handles.
- If you have space and supplies, consider keeping disinfecting wipes in your car for more frequent wipe downs.
- Not sure how to clean leather seats in a car? You can use any type of leather cleaner. Be sure to use a microfiber cloth to avoid scratching the leather!